Earth Garden Environmental Policy
This year we are ramping up a gear with the “Earth Garden’s Getting Greener” campaign.
Our resources management policy is back, to ensure that the site remains clean throughout the festival and that we leave the site better than when we arrived. Being a participant and ticket holder you become a “Getting Greener” ambassador! Here’s the ticket agreements:
- Earth Garden is operating a “Leave No Trace” philosophy. You are responsible for ensuring any resources are disposed of in the correct bin!
- Say YES! to the ‘onecup’ and make a difference! Share photos on the campaign facebook page and encourage others to do the same!
- Packaging should be reduced at source. Don’t buy or bring products that have packaging, or discard all packaging BEFORE arriving on site. Reduce your impact!
- You are encouraged to “bring your own container” for food and drinks. The vendors will serve you into your own drinking bottle/cooler/bowl/plate! You are responsible for the cleaning of these items throughout the festival!
- Recycling, metals and composting bins will be present throughout the festival. Use them. It will help us to divert as much waste as possible from landfill, resources are precious and Malta is a small island! Any questions on what bin to use please ask our sustainability crew, they are there to help! See a bin overspilling? Call us!
- All food vendors are using compostable disposables. All food waste and paper disposables must be added to the compost bins. This compost will be used post festival to reclaim landfills and turn them into family parks!
- Please don’t throw cigarette butts on the ground, there are butt bins throughout the site, keep them in portable pocket ashtrays and add them to the landfill bins.
- Pick up any resources you see not in bins and if you see people dropping anything, remind them we are all in this together.
- Clean ups will be happening during the festival, this is a time to build our community energy and to take care of not just ourselves but our planet. Join in as we work together to get Earth Garden “cleaned up!”
- Educate yourself and inspire others! Encourage others to use the bins and join the clean ups, educate yourself at the sustainability info point, post photos of your good deeds on our “Earth Garden is Getting Greener” Facebook page, and tell all you say YES! Our sustainability team is there to support you!